We are living in unprecedented times for our great nation and our world. At Elliott Aviation, we have been committed to serving our customers with the highest level of safety for over 80 years. For the safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees, and our loved ones, we are ensuring that at Elliott Aviation we are doing our part by making critical and significant immediate adjustments to try to limit the spread of the COVID-19.
Effective immediately, we have made following changes:
- Each aircraft will have an extensive, documented cleaning and disinfecting procedure using chemicals that are both recommended by the CDC and safe for aircraft surfaces.
- We have and may continue to adjust work schedules to limit contact wherever possible.
- We have implemented remote work options for specific positions based on job duties.
- We have and will continue to and stagger and adjust break/lunch times.
- All travel to large group meetings such as conferences, trade shows, trainings, etc. have been cancelled.
- All employees are practicing social distancing wherever possible to try to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet. We are supporting this concept in several ways.
- Non-essential meetings are cancelled.
- Wherever possible, we encourage employees to use Skype to be able to speak with and see one another rather than meeting face-to-face.
- All employees are encouraged to practice the highest-level of cleanliness, hygiene, and personal well-being. These measures include:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available.
- We are urging ALL employees to take their temperature daily before reporting to work.
- Employees will not come to work until they are free of fever, signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
- Employees who become ill after arrival to work will go home immediately.
- Employees are encouraged to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow/inside of arm and wash hands immediately.
- If an employee has close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, we will take additional precautions.
- Increased cleaning practices that have been in place at all of our facilities the last few weeks will continue. Particular attention is being paid to high traffic, high touch point areas. In addition, all employees are to sanitize their workstations regularly. At minimum, we recommend this at the start and end of each day. For shared workstations, we recommend this before you use the computer. Additionally, we are posting guidelines for sanitizing conference or meeting rooms for the limited cases where a small group meeting must take place.
- We are implementing signage throughout the facility on the following:
- Proper hand-washing techniques
- Proper social distancing measures
- Proper cleaning techniques
- We are prohibiting any visitors in the workplace except for essential customers, partners, and vendors. Essential vendors who must visit our workplace are being asked to modify delivery times/practices in order to limit interaction.
We are facing a very difficult challenge ahead as a society, and we will all need to adapt to change. From everything we are hearing and learning, we expect that it will take some time before we are through this and life gets back to normal, however, please know that we are doing everything we can to help ease the situation. Remember, this is all our responsibility and we are not isolated in this crisis. At Elliott Aviation, we are committed to doing everything in our capacity to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees, and our community. We expect there will be more changes in the future as the situation evolves. We will continue to share information and updates with you.
President & CEO